Monday 26 October 2009

Over the Rocky Mountains - by Mister Fusty

Over the Rocky Mountains is the latest album by Whitley Bay based guitar/computer fiddler Mister Fusty, also known as Rob Gibson. It's his first to have vocals, and despite being a bit shy about it, it's damn good. Before I became familiar with the songs I would often find myself thinking 'why! who is this fantastic band' as he passed through my random shuffle.


Atmospheric, textured, alive, Mister Fusty's latest reminds me of Mercury Rev, Grandaddy, that kinda thing. Go visit his website, he links to plenty of places for you to listen to the album for free or even purchase if you like, like: http://misterfusty.com/

Oh yeah, I did the cover art, based on a handful of Mister Fusty's photographs from his recent trip to canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment